Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wonderful Germany premiere of Prince Caspian
















Yesterday I had the wonderful chance to be at the Germany premiere of "The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian". The whole day the weather was inconstant and rainy. But when I went on my way to the Central station there was wonderful sunshine - for the rest of the day.

At the station there was a special train to NARNIA. The full train was full of movie posters. On every seat there were water bottles and coke. Florian, a friend of mine was with me. after arriving we were able to get some of the posters.

As we were invited we were able to walk on the red carpet. Very cool. We first took a look around at the middle ages market (the location were the Kaltenberger Ritterspiele, a famous place for Knight's Tournament), were eating some roasted beef in bread, drinking hot mead. Delicious!

Some time later the stars of the movie arrived (before there must have been some other German stars I did not know - how embarassing^^). Unfortunately it was only William Moseley (Peter) and Anna Popplewell (Susan). The excitement was not smaller though. They were posing for photos, signing autographs and were being among the people.

Then we went to the arena to catch a good seat. Here we had to wait first until the program would start. Later the stars arrived here too. Again the fans were coming to get photos with their stars. When we finally decided to go forward to get some pictures to we were told to go back to our seats so that the program could begin.

After a few introducing sentences of the German Disney boss and Prince Ludwig of Bavaria, the head of the Kaltenberger Ritterturnier, the medieval program was beginning. Knights, sword fighting and pyro effects. It was made pretty good, an impressing performance, but the story really shallow. But what can you exspect if you only have a few minutes...

Then Anna and William were called to the "stage" for a short interview. That was pretty cool and could have taken longer in my opinion. Really charming and funny answers. Great actors! Then the movie was about to begin. The floodlights went out and then it cracked loudly: there was a big fireworks going on that did not have to be ashamed of itself.



And finally the movie started... A really visually stunning and rapid epic. Cinema at its most. Admittedly with many changes to the book. At the first part of the movie I really liked the changes. But later the put in some things I did not find really logically and they took a lot of the charm of the book. In return there were some pretty good scenes. The beginning is really great, the introduction of Reepicheep, the mouse, is really gorgeous. For me the movie has some lengths, the Spanish accent of the Telmarines is really annoying. But altogether a real worth seeing movie! I will see it some times in the cinema for sure.

We were taking back to Munich with a shuttle bus. Unfortunately there were no more subway trains going any more, but luckily I had the chance to take a nightline bus. So I arrived good back home, happy that it did not rain the whole evening and that it was not as cold as expected. It was a wonderful scenery for this premiere. Disney had found a really great location for that! Thumbs up!

There was a report on the German TV with nice pictures: click (in German)

Photos: © 2008 Jocky, Florian Kislich

Edit: This post is now featured at Narniaweb.com

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you,
thank you very much for - I think it is pic19.... Me (pink Indian scarf)and my dad ;-) Nice memory.
Enjoy your day,
Kelly

2:26 pm  
Blogger Jocky said...

Hey Kelly,
then you were sitting right in front of me!

I have a German report on this too on my German Blog!

2:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jockey,
were can I find the German blog?
Kelly

12:28 am  
Blogger Jocky said...

In the menubar there is a link to my German Blog. The address is this: click

8:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,the premiere was so cool!I hope I could be there.
I am a Chinese Narnia Fan and may I translate this essay into Chinese,please?The other Chinese fans would like to know something about the German Premiere.

9:57 pm  
Blogger Jocky said...

Hello Quimley. You're welcome. Do it, do it.

Please send me a link where it is online. Would be interesting :)

10:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jocky,
I have translated your essay and here I send you my gratitude.The translated essay is put in a Chinese Narnia Fansite which is called DreamNarnia.com.Two of pictures are not from your blog and I hope you won't mind it.
Here is the link:
http://www.dreamnarnia.com/home/News/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=205

1:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home