Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cityprayer on the Olympic Mountain





I am part of a leadership team for a monthly prayer for our city Munich. In the warm season we meet on the first Saturday of every month under the cross on the Olympic Mountain (In 1972 the Olympic Games were in Munich). I call it our Prayer Mountain :)

Last Saturday we again met there. It was my part to lead this meeting. Very thrilling as I had to deliver the mail before. It usually took me to 17.30 (the meeting began at 18.00 and a far distance to travel). I was able to finish my work much earlier than usual but was quite a few minutes late.

In the beginning it was very rainy. But the meeting was pretty cool. We are now focussing on one theme these last months: Marriage, family, relationships, education... This time my focus on it was models. It depends how we live our lifes, how our families, marriages, friendships and relationships are from what models we have and what is shaping us. When we look around very often we find negative examples, the peverse, the broken seems to be the norm. There's really a need for models...

In the end we gathered some momentum. As we prayed for the Media you rarely had a chance to get the word because everyone was praying with excitement. Pretty cool!

In the end the sun came out. And suddenly a lot of rabbits were on the meadows...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home