Saturday, June 28, 2008

2nd prayer tram in Munich - God was present






Last Saturday the 2nd prayer tram happened in Munich. During the prayer week of the Evangelical Alliance in January the 1st prayer tram was a full success. Many voices asked for a 2nd volume. Now it did happen as prelude to the interconfessional service called OPEN HEAVEN.

I had to work during the day but had to lead one part. And I wanted to be part of it anyway. In the morning I went earlier to work to be able to start sooner. But I forgot my knapsack in the bus. Luckily someone had the glorious idea to ask in the next bus if it was found. Luckily that happened, but I had to wait almost till 9 a.m. when the bus came back. My original idea was to start little after 8 a.m.... Though I was able to start so late I have been quite quick with the mail. But I only reached the tram just in time at the central station - broken down from the work.

As I got on board it was already very excited. A frenchspreaking latino church was leading energetic worship! So much fun. But it was heating hot inside.

The streetcar was filled pretty good and having a good atmosphere. Full of joy and excitement about Jesus. The prayer impulses were good and it was fun to pray. I really sensed the presence of god. We prayed for the economy, politics and social things in Munich and the integration of foreigners. At the end (my part) we prayed for marriages, families and relationships. But in the end it seemed the power was gone.

It was pretty good to be part of it. Hopefully it will be repeated soon and far often (I like the idea also to have the tram to invite people to get prayed for)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home