Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bayernstock 2008: Great meeting of the bavarian freaks




On the first weekend of July we had again a new Bayernstock - a meeting of the bavarian Jesus Freaks. It was organised by the Jesus Freaks Wollbach, the youngest group in Bavaria. Happily it was my free weekend and I was able to go there. Originally I had someone who would take me there with his car. But he had to work in the end. So I was pondering a lot if I really should go. It was a 5 hours trip by train. And I would only be there on Saturday and Sunday.

In the end I went there and did not regret it. It was really superb! Storch and Alex from Remscheid (a city in the North of Germany) were there. Pretty cool to have them there.

Storch was preaching very inspiring. The first on the regional meeting on Saturday about the Supernatural. If we want to experience the supernatural we would have to do the things that Jesus had done. We have to overcome and have to really pray for the sick. It is good to read books, listen to sermons and hear stories about where it happened, to be encouraged. And then to go and do it!

Afterwards we had a great prayer time expressing that we really wanted it, that we would enter into the supernatural, that we were willing to pay the price.

We prayed for the Jesus Freaks in Bayreuth who are in a time of difficult change. I had some impressions that really fitted in: It is time to really focus on prayer and to breakthrough and not to be let hold back. Strangely I had for one of them an impression since the beginning of the meeting. It was very fitting also. On sunday I was able to pray with him. He told me about some decisions he had made, some things he now could see clearer! Pretty cool.

Later during the regional meeting it was about how the regional work and leadership would look like. Several of us had a heart for the region but no one really wanted to be the regional leader. It is really nice to see what cool people we have in our region, how much potential is there and how much union we have about a lot of issues.

For diner we had delicious fried sausages. They were self made and out of the meat of wild pigs.
In the evening we had a worship session with a band from Bayreuth. They were pretty cool but faaaar to loud.

I was able to have some cool talks with some guys. About 2 o´clock I went to sleep. I was able to get a place on a couch. But the flies and midges were annoying.

For breakfast we had white sausages (a bavarian special) besides the normal deliousnesses. I was afraid that I would not be able to attend the service as I had to get a train. But luckily some girls took me with them in their car to Ansbach. So I was able to stay until the end of the meeting. I would have missed something If I would have left earlier.

Storch was preaching that the love of God must become visible. We had to encourage one another, stand up for one another. It must be sensible that if one limb suffers that the whole body would suffer. Some stories are very challenging were people in certain places live it - where the love amongst the brethren is present.

During the sermon I had the impression that we should build a circle and that we should pray that this very thing happens: the region would grow together, love amongst us would be visible and that there will begin a good regional work. The prayer time was really intense. Storch was standing amidst the circle and was praying heavily for us. He entered into a holy rage and bound the things that went wrong in the past in our region, that that would not happen again. He challenged us to stand up more for one another, that intercessors would rise...

A great meeting and weekend. Was good to travel with the girls in the car, had good conversation there. And I got a train right after arriving in Ansbach though the travel time was not shorter. But it was good to have the time on the meeting there.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home